Sappi Southern Africa
Head Office - Rosebank Johannesburg
Communication Manager: Government & Stakeholder Relations ( HRL 17 )
Sappi Southern Africa requires a Communication Manager: Government and Stakeholder Relations to develop and manage South Africa’s Stakeholder Management strategy with a specific focus on national and provincial Government. Ensure all stakeholder activities are aligned to business objectives, influence the policy landscape positively for Sappi and ensure Sappi’s license to operate in South Africa.
REPORTING TO: General Manager: Communication
- Provide regular detailed analyses of the implications of proposed national and regional regulation and legislation where relevant;
- Proactively collaborate with other functional departments to resolve issues pertaining to Government and other stakeholder relations;
- Provide regular monthly briefing reports to internal management at country level, distilling complex regulatory and legislative issues into clear, concise business messages;
- Take an active role in assuming projects on an individual and team basis in support of specific departmental and corporate objectives;
- Weekly reporting to GM Communications on the stakeholder strategy implementation;
- Identify stakeholder engagement platforms and opportunities;
- Establish measurement and evaluation criteria, monitoring and reporting to identify key issues, show impact and progress over time.
The ideal candidate would have:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree in Development Communication or in a relevant community development field will be advantageous;
- Up to eight (8) years relevant work experience
Closing Date: 14 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.