Sappi Southern Africa
Chargehand Fitter ( HRL 14 )
The incumbent in this position coordinates the activities of Fitters as planned and scheduled by the Mechanical Foreman and provides technical assistance to Fitters to install, maintain, service and repair mechanical equipment according to engineering standards and objectives.
REPORTS TO THE MECHANICAL FOREMAN UTILITIES AND SERVICES
- To support the Mechanical Foreman and assist in the management and supervision of personnel.
- To assume a leadership role on site with regard to the work being carried out and by following & implementing the Mill safety plan & rules.
- To ensure that employees have safety training to carry out their work.
- To carry out section inspection checks and internal audit (weekly & daily) on equipment and action items.
- To manage the labour resources on site to ensure efficient working.
- To reduce costs as far as possible.
- To check all materials before being installed to ensure they are fit for use & comply with the project specifications.
- Installs, commissions, modifies and maintains mechanical equipment
- Applies engineering expertise and skills in order to satisfy Engineering and Production standards and requirements
- Maintains performance requirements of process control systems by optimizing loop tuning and investigating and fault finding
- Implement continuous improvement in all areas under his/her control
- Assist Foreman to prepare and plan shut programmes for his entire team
- Implement continuous improvement in his/her sphere of operations
- Assist in the feasibility studies for modification at proposal stages.
- Act as a Foreman during his absence
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time.
- Planning & Organizing
- Initiative / Proactive
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full N3 with Mechanical subjects
- Mechanical Trade test Certificate
- Minimum 3 years’ plant operations experience
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
Closing date for applying for this position is 21 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.