Sappi Southern Africa
Production Foreman (HRL 15)
Sappi Tugela Mill is looking for a Production foreman who will effectively utilise/supervise resources (people, plant & equipment) with the objective of producing quality and quantity products according to customer requirements, mill standards and objectives.
- Supervises and co-ordinates the execution of production activities (shuts, start-ups, checks, log sheets, graph trends, resources) to sustain quality standards and plant efficiency.
- Plans the plant operations to ensure the maximum utilization of the resources (raw materials, energy and people).
- Participates in relevant forums ie; Multi-Disciplinary Team (MDT), Safety Health Environment and Quality (SHEQ) for the purpose of sharing information, planning and setting goals and to give effective feedback to relevant team members.
- Recommends maintenance/upgrade/replacement of existing equipment to optimize production efficiency.
- Controls annual fixed cost, overtime and manpower budgets within his/her sphere of influence.
- Effectively communicates with the internal and external customers/suppliers to enhance relationships, responds to the customer feedback and takes corrective action if required.
- Leads a shift based team assigned to his/her plant and brief personnel on a regular basis about sectional, departmental and company information as regards changes to structure, organisation, manpower, health and safety, quality and environmental issues.
- Personnel management of department employees (e.g. selection of new hires, promotions, terminations, transfers, supervising, disciplining, etc.) for the purpose of maintaining staffing needs and productivity of the work force.
- Evaluates and directs performance of team and team members against position profile/goals and standards of conduct and train/coaches/mentors staff to ensure maximum performance.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against SHEQ requirements and corrects non-conformances.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of housekeeping in the workplace at all time
- Problem Solving
- Safety Attitude (stay focused and concentrated)
- Planning and Organising
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Matric / Grade 12
- N4 Pulp and Paper making and/or NQF Level 5 Qualification
- Minimum 3 years’ Plant Operations Experience
- 2 Years’ Supervisory experience
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge
Closing date for this application is 22 November 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.