Sappi Somerset is the largest coated free sheet paper mill in North America, producing 795,000 metric tons of paper and 525,000 metric tons of pulp each year. The mill began as a pulp mill, supplying fiber for Scott paper facilities beginning in 1976. The first of three state-of-the-art paper machines was installed in 1982, with subsequent machines installed in 1986 and 1990. The mill also produces market pulp based on fiber balance and continues to push for world class status in the realms of safety, quality and productivity.
Position (job title): Process Engineer/Senior Process Engineer
Work Site: Mill Somerset
Somerset is currently looking for a Process Engineer with a focus on process and quality improvement activities and the desire to move into operations in the future. This position is for an individual who is or has the ability to become proficient with mill data systems in order to support the technical and operations’ needs. The successful candidate will lead improvement efforts through process and product trials, provide advice and service to improve process efficiencies, product quality and cost, devising new approaches for determining solutions.
- Responsible for managing and complying with all safety, hygiene, and environmental systems and programs to ensure a safe, wholesome workplace.
- The incumbent will provide technical advice and service within an assigned area of the mill to improve process efficiencies, product quality and cost.
- As a key member of the Technical Services Department, the successful candidate will interact with all parts of the Sappi organization, internally and externally to recommend, initiate and execute projects.
- Work requires judgment in the independent evaluation, selection and substantial adaptation and modification of standard techniques, procedures and criteria.
- Will strive to devise new approaches for determining solutions to improve problems encountered.
- Directs the evaluation of paper machine trials and related processes, equipment, instruments, raw materials, and other special studies as required.
- BS Degree in Chemical Engineering.
- Demonstrated people and communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong analytical capability and knowledge of improvement methodologies.
- 2-5 years of experience in pulp or papermaking processes.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.