Sappi Southern Africa
Lomati Mill, Barberton
HR Consultant Operations ( HRL 15U/S8 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
To partner with line management, providing an effective, value adding HR service to meet the demands of a high performance organisation. Proactively interact with line management and employees through the delivery of professional human resources management services as a dynamic business partner.
REPORTING TO: Human Resources Manager
- Market the HR department by being visible and available on the shop floor and promoting Sappi’s values and code of ethics.
- “One–stop-shop” for line management using HR administration, shared services and centres of expertise.
- Participate in incident investigations and deliver HR input and solutions.
- Compile month-end reports with a qualitative summary of statistics for the departments (overtime trends, etc.)
- Facilitate shop floor IR, consistently applying the disciplinary code and procedure.
- Provide on-the-job training / coaching of line managers and employees.
- Involvement in community services.
- Coordinate the disability application and health care process.
- Conduct stay and exit interviews providing qualitative reports to line management and HR and dealing with resultant issues.
- Coordinate performance assessment process and compile qualitative reports.
- Conduct on-boarding and unit orientation for new employees and continuously benchmark and enhance induction programs.
- Understand and comply with HR legislation including internships, Workplace Skills Plan and EE plan.
- Ensure effective recruitment and selection in conjunction with Shared Services.
- Assist line managers in compiling job profiles and facilitate the grading of positions.
- Assist with the health and wellbeing programs and advise managers on wellbeing issues identified as well as assist in resolving these issues Support and assist in the facilitation of change initiatives.
- Assist the HR manager in driving and promoting the HR High Performance Strategy (HPO) in the business unit.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Assertiveness with good business acumen.
- Strong interpersonal skills with good negotiations and conflict management.
- Good planning and organizing skills with attention to detail.
- Flexible and innovative.
- Communication skills (written & verbal)
- Change management skills.
- Interviewing and presentation skills.
- Computer literate, SAP HR.
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 6 qualification (Human Resources Management) while NQF level 7 will considered advantageous.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an HR position within a manufacturing, unionized environment.
Closing Date: 24 July 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.