Position Title: Sourcing Manager, Chemicals & Pigments
Preferably based in Sappi Europe Head Office (Brussels).
We are looking for a Sourcing Manager, Chemicals & Pigments to support the development and implementation of the Purchasing Raw Materials strategy.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as an entrepreneur: be responsible for sourcing, managing and maintaining your specific raw material categories. Map out and follow through a successful sourcing strategy for the relevant categories.
- Report to Strategic Sourcing Manager Non Fibre raw materials.
- Scout new markets for alternative products and sources of supply.
- Participate in cross-functional and global platforms where knowledge and information is benchmarked, in order to maximize leverage.
- Strive for Best-in-Class procurement solutions and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide, develop and implement alternative products, vendors and commercial concepts in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Lead cross functional actions according Total Value Management principles.
- Collaborate with other functions such as Production, PQM, R&D, Marketing, Sales, Legal, etc..
- Forecast raw material price trends for budgeting and investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with the policies and environmental requirements of raw materials procurement.
- Master degree or similar.
- Commercial experience either in Purchasing or another relevant discipline, ideally in an international/multi-site environment is an asset.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent understanding of the dynamics of a negotiation in highly dynamic markets.
- Innovative and embracing change.
- Proven self-starter, easily taking the initiative and engaging others to reach targets.
- Understand business goals and strategies and align with them.
- Transparent communicator and comfortable with all levels of the organisation; capable of building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and continuously seeking Total Value Management solutions.
- Stakeholder focused, service oriented and a hands-on mentality.
- Flexible and well organized, with a good sense of priorities.
- Open to a multinational environment and ready to travel up to 25%.
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of German and/or Dutch is a plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint); an understanding of SAP or willing to learn.
Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
Contact in case of questions:
Feel free to contact Victor Kamm (email@example.com) in case of any further question.
How to Apply? Please apply through the career portal.