Position Title: Strategic Sourcing - Buyer, Chemicals & Minerals
Preferably based in Sappi Europe Head Office (Brussels).
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Buyer, Chemicals & Minerals to support the development and implementation of Sappi Europe’s raw materials purchasing strategy.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as an entrepreneur: be responsible for sourcing, managing and maintaining your specific raw material categories with a value of > €50mio p.a. Map out and follow through a successful sourcing strategy for the relevant categories.
- Be responsible, on behalf of the 12 European production sites, for the categories Chemicals (water treatment, bleaching, etc.) and support the category of Minerals (calcium carbonate, clay, talcum, etc.).
- Report to a Strategic Sourcing Manager Raw Materials.
- Scout global markets for new vendors and alternative products.
- Cooperate with other functions (Manufacturing, R&D, Finance, …) in order to come to the best solution.
- Develop and implement alternative commercial concepts (hedging, index, …) in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensure transparent communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Sappi USA and South Africa.
- Develop a mid and long term view on price and market trends.
- Guarantee compliance with the policies and environmental requirements of our business.
- Have the opportunity to start your career path at Sappi Europe.
- Master degree e.g. in Engineering or equivalent.
- 2-4 years of experience either in Purchasing or another discipline (Chemical, Logistics, International Business, etc.) would be an asset.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a passion to improve negotiation skills.
- Innovative and embracing change.
- Self-starter minded, easily taking the initiative.
- Capable in identifying business objectives.
- Strong in analytics with excellent communication skills; capable of working in teams.
- Stakeholder focused, service oriented and a hands-on mentality.
- Flexible, well organized and result oriented.
- Open to a multinational environment and ready to travel up to 25%.
- Ready to travel up to 20-30%, mostly within Europe.
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of German and Dutch. Italian and/or Finnish is a plus.
- MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint); experience with SAP is an asset.
Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
Contact in case of questions:
Feel free to contact Victor Kamm (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any further question.
How to Apply? Please apply through the career portal.