Sappi Somerset is the largest coated free sheet paper mill in North America, producing 795,000 metric tons of paper and 525,000 metric tons of pulp each year. The mill began as a pulp mill, supplying fiber for Scott paper facilities beginning in 1976. The first of three state-of-the-art paper machines was installed in 1982, with subsequent machines installed in 1986 and 1990. The mill also produces market pulp based on fiber balance and continues to push for world class status in the realms of safety, quality and productivity.
Position (job title): Human Resources Generalist
Department: Human Resources
Work Site: Mill Somerset
This position will perform HR-related duties on a professional level in support of the Sappi Somerset HR team. The position assists the HR Manager and other HR team members with the following responsibilities:
- Benefits & Retirement Administration; includes leading and managing the open enrollment process, LTD, troubleshooting insurance claims issues, Medicare reimbursements, retirement counseling, processing life insurance payouts, managing FMLA and Accident & Sickness Processes, providing corporate support, project work, general reporting, and other miscellaneous responsibilities
- Talent Acquisition & Retention; includes assisting with creating & maintaining job descriptions and postings, managing applicant tracking system, preparing & processing new hire documentation, on-boarding activities, and maintaining personnel files
- Other duties; as assigned
Preferred candidates will possess the following skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Previous experience in a benefits/retirement administration role
- Strong computer skills (knowledge of Microsoft Office required)
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information in a professional manner
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of employees
- Ability to work and take direction from several people
- Self-starter, demonstrates a sense of urgency, follow-up and completion of task
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Cayla Tozier
Contact Information: 207-238-3441 , firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.