Strategic Sourcing – Manager Chemicals and Minerals
Preferably based in Sappi Europe Head Office (Brussels).
We are looking for a Strategic Procurement Manager, Chemicals & Minerals to support the development and implementation of Sappi Europe's raw materials pruchasing strategy. You will be part of a team of 7 people.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as an entrepreneur: be responsible for sourcing, managing and maintaining your specific raw materials categories with a value of > €200mio p.a.. Map out and follow through a successful sourcing strategy for the relevant categories.
- Be responsible, on behalf of the 12 European production sites, for the categories Chemicals (caustic soda, hydrogen peroxide, etc.) and Minerals (calcium carbonate, clay, talcum, etc.).
- Scout global markets for new vendors of supply and alternative products.
- Cooperate with other functions (Manufacturing, R&D, Finance, …) in order to come to the best solution.
- Develop and implement alternative commercial concepts (hedging, index, …) in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency.
- Ensure transparent communication with relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborate with Sappi USA and South Africa.
- Develop a mid and long term view on price and market trends.
- Master degree in Engineering or equivalent.
- 8-10 years of experience either in Purchasing or another discipline (Chemicals, Logistics, International Business, etc.), ideally in an international/multi-site environment.
- Top negotiation skills and an entrepreneurial spirit; commercial acumen with excellent understanding of highly dynamic markets.
- Innovative and embracing change.
- Proven self-starter, easily taking the initiative and engaging others to reach company’s objectives.
- Transparent communicator and comfortable with all levels of the organisation including senior management.
- Strong analytical skills and continuously seeking lowest Total Cost solutions.
- Customer focused, service oriented including an hands-on mentality.
- Flexible, well organized and result oriented.
- Ready to travel up to 20-30%, mostly within Europe.
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of German and Dutch. Italian and/or Finnish is a plus.
- MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint); experience with SAP is an asset.
Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
Contact in case of questions:
Feel free to contact Victor Kamm (firstname.lastname@example.org) in case of any further question.
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions.