Strategic Sourcing Manager, Non Fibre Materials
Preferably based in Sappi Europe Head Office (Brussels).
We are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager, Non Fibre Materials to support the development and implementation of the Purchasing Raw Materials strategy.
More specifically, you will:
- Act as an entrepreneur: be responsible for sourcing, managing and maintaining your specific raw materials categories. Map out and follow through a successful sourcing strategy for the relevant categories.
- Scout global markets for new sources of supply and alternative products.
- Maximize leverage via participation in cross-functional and global platforms where knowledge and information is benchmarked.
- Strive for Best-in-Class procurement solutions and communicate with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide, develop and implement alternative products, vendors and commercial concepts in order to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Lead cross functional actions respecting Total Value Management requirements.
- Collaborate with other functions such as Production, PQM, R&D, Marketing, Sales, Legal, etc..
- Forecast raw material price trends for budgeting and investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance with the policies and environmental requirements of raw materials procurement.
- Master degree.
- 5 years of commercial experience either in Purchasing or another relevant discipline, ideally in an international/multi-site environment.
- Entrepreneurial spirit with excellent understanding of the dynamics of a negotiation in highly dynamic markets.
- Innovative and experienced in implementing change.
- Proven self-starter, easily taking the initiative and engaging others to reach one’s objectives.
- Sound commercial acumen, understanding the business goals and strategies and align with them.
- Transparent communicator and comfortable with all levels of the organisation; capable of building and maintaining internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical skills and continuously seeking Total Value Management solutions.
- Customer focused, service oriented including an hands-on mentality.
- Flexible and well organized, with a good sense of priorities.
- Open to a multinational environment and ready to travel up to 20-30%.
- Fluent in English; good knowledge of German is a plus.
- Advanced MS Office skills (Excel, PowerPoint); knowledge of SAP.
Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
Contact in case of questions:
Feel free to contact Victor Kamm (email@example.com, +32 2 6769 769) in case of any further question.
How to Apply? Please click on the job title and follow the system instructions.