Sappi Southern Africa
Artisan Aide : Mechanical ( P16 )
To perform and assist with installation, repair and maintenance of plant and equipment of the designated area. To follow and comply with the company’s training & development plan.
REPORTING TO : Mechanical Foreman
- Ensures test equipment is well maintained
- Carries out planned maintenance and preventative maintenance schedules to required standards.
- Reports unsafe conditions and acts to appropriate management level.
- Attends training courses as and when required.
- Assists artisan as and when required.
- Notifies Foreman of changes to plant to enable plant history to be maintained.
- Diagnoses, fault finds and repairs equipment failures maximize plant availability.
- Perform overtime as and when required.
- Modifies existing plant as required.
- Collects Bill of material information.
- Overhauls rotable equipment.
- Submits suggestions for improvements in sphere of operations.
- Understands the SHEQ requirements of the Section.
- Investigates incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving
- Initiative / Proactive
- Aptitude for hand skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 / Matric Certificate and
- N2 Mechanical Engineering Certificate (4 subjects) (N3 Desirable) or NCV Level 4 Mechanical
- Two years Engineering experience in a heavy manufacturing environment.
Closing date: 25 May 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com .
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.