Head of Development Packaging & Speciality Papers
Any European Mill location
We are looking for a Head of Development Packaging & Specialities Papers. In this role you will report to the VP Innovation & Sustainability.
You will steer the development of new products and applications in line with the strategic direction for Packaging & Speciality products. You will ensure delivery against targets in terms of quality, budgets, timelines, etc. when it comes to new products and applications.
You will steer Technical Customer Service to support customers and create value for our customers. You will steer the input of Technical customer Service into new products or product improvements.
You will develop and enhance the Development and Technical Customer Service Teams towards a flexible, high-performing team characterized by collaboration, change impact, delivery against targets, personal development with impact, etc.
- You have at least a Master degree preferably in Chemistry, Process Engineering, or comparable;
- You have in-depth technical knowledge about paper and coating design and manufacturing processes;
- Proven ability to lead and motivate others;
- Project management experience and experience in working within total work systems;
- Demonstrated on-time delivery and achievement of challenging & complex objectives;
- Proven ability to apply Continuous Improvement methodology with impact;
- Proven record of creating organisational success;
- Demonstrated strategic and conceptual skills in defining holistic approaches going forward;
- You have successfully managed and implemented innovative processes;
- Excellent delegation skills;
- Demonstrated personal flexibility, open and receptive and an excellent listener;
- Able to organise engaging communication to different target groups by being an engaging leader and change driver;
- Excellent business acumen, perspective and holistic view and demonstrated organisational agility;
- Maintain excellent stakeholder and peer relationships;
- Comfortable around higher management;
- You speak and write fluently German and English;
- Able to travel regularly within Europe including nights away.
Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
VP Human Resources
How to Apply? Please apply via our Sappi Career Portal.
Many thanks in advance for your interest in this position!