Sappi Southern Africa
Driver: Clamp Truck (Grade 13 B)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Tugela Mill is looking for a Driver: Clamp Truck who will be responsible for safely and effectively storing and loading of paper reels
- Takes over from previous shift.
- Conducts inspection of clamp truck to ensure that the equipment is in a safe working condition and reports all non-conformances.
- Operates Clamp Truck to remove / stack / store / load and supply reels according to stacking, loading, handling & production requirements on instruction from Clerk / Foreman (Despatch / Finishing House & Warehouse).
- Identify paper for loading to customers.
- Supply discs/wrapper and core discs to the wrapping & core machine on instruction from Wrapperman & Core Machine Operator.
- Removes / stack and store all non-conforming products to designated areas.
- Ensures that equipment is cleaned and that oils / tyres and fuel are maintained at correct level.
- Ensure that all reels are in a good state before despatching. Hands over shift.
- Ensures a safe working environment with the development of safety and housekeeping strategies.
- Ensures that the Department complies in all respects with the relevant statutory requirements (OHS Act, Legal Appointment, etc) by implementing the necessary control measures and rectifying inadequacies and non-conformances.
- Planning & Organising
- Problem Solving
- Understanding of Plant Operations and equipment layout
- Knowledge of FSC and General Health and Safety risks and practices
- Knows and understands the principles and application of Clamp Truck Driving
- Grade 12 and/or NQF Level 4 Qualification
- Valid Heavy Duty Driver’s License
- 6 Months relevant experience
Closing Date for the application: 29 May 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.