Position title: Supply Network Planner
Location: Sappi Europe – Supply and Demand | Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
In this role you will report to the Manager Supply and Demand – Europe (based in Brussels).
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring excellent Supply Chain scenario planning through the utilization of sales information (forecast, orders) and production, transport capacities and raw material inventory levels, maximizing sales by optimizing resources considering production, raw materials and logistics costs.
- Managing the supply network planning process for SEU. Maintain and update Logistics & Procurement Plans that meet installed capacities or contract volumes and highlight differences based on Demand.
- Driving Supply Chain integration with all related Supply Chain stakeholders. This includes the improvement of definition of allocation, priority setting with sources, etc.
- Monitoring and reporting on main Production, Logistics and Procurement capacities and inventory plus deployment of unplanned deviations.
- Setting pre-conditions out of S&OP plan into the Planning Tools.
- Making recommended adjustments to Supply and Demand Planning based on changes in demand and market trends.
- Establishing and utilizing best methods (statistical models and software tools) in creating a Supply & Demand Plan.
More specifically you will:
Manage the Supply Network Planning process for SEU
- Understand and influence the planning parameters and assumptions:
- Paper Machine capacities, cycle times
- Inventory & Stock Management
- Transport and Warehouse capacities
- Procurement capabilities considering critical raw materials creating supply risks
- Customer requirements, Service Level Agreements
- Lead times,….
- Develop networks of ability at all functional and organizational levels in which you operate under limited direction with input and participative direction from other managers.
- Ensure a correct integration of the baseline (pre-conditions) leading to a realistic Supply Chain schedule per PM or Mill.
- Ensure further execution of the S&OP agreements to Supply Chain - Logistics & Procurement.
SNP: Scenario Planning and execution for SEU
- Create scenarios based on agreed product carousels and product moves, considering:
- Technical and mill related restrictions
- Exceptions, f. e. customer set-up or preferences
- Transport constraints and warehouse capacities
- Procurement constraints
- Support on creating a detailed plan based on agreed scenarios, which entails the following:
- A revised Reference Cycle based on DCP outcome. Considering DCP trends / changes when implementing the plan into the system.
- Considering the new agreed Service and Stock requests.
- Considering Logistics
- Considering Procurement
- Execute agreed scenarios to fulfill Supply – carousels and rule management.
- Set priorities, carousels and future stops as agreed in S&OP.
- Maintain masterdata and planning parameter settings.
- Follow up on the plan by checking assumptions in each of the agreements and highlighting deviations and making proposals for corrective actions.
- Have primary responsibility for ensuring the Supply Chain Network has adequate capability to deliver the business plans.
- Follow up on performance through KPIs and reports.
- Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive and connect with all levels throughout Sappi Europe, without being obtrusive or aggravating.
- Monitor the S&OP plan execution to ensure Supply and Demand is in balance and all customers needs as well as key performance metrics are met.
Continuously improve the Supply Network Planning process.
Developing new systems / processes (related to scheduling) to support enhanced business practices.
PDCA: define areas for improvement in order to make the S&OP scenario planning process better and to improve the quality of the S&OP plan execution in order to achieve set targets.
Support the Supply & Demand Department
Work as a deputy within other S&D tasks such as
- DCP planning & masterdata creation and maintenance.
- Master degree in Applied Sciences, Business Administration, IT or equivalent by experience
- Min. 3 years of project management experience
- Min. 3 years of Supply Chain experience
- Knowledge of S&OP processes and systems.
- Experience in SAP (APO/SNP), Statistics and/or Statistical modeling is a plus.
- APICS CPIM Certification is highly desired.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience in operations planning and stock management
- General product knowledge
- Excellent MS Office suite skills: MS Excel - able to create and modify formulas and pivot tables; MS PowerPoint
- Fluency in English
- Strong analytical skills
- Stress resistant, excellent analytical, organization & planning skills and a good sense of urgency
- Result-oriented, rigorous/detail oriented, customer focused, flexible, autonomous, open-minded and a good listener
- Excellent influencing, communication, reporting and presentation skills
- Good team player, eager to learn & able to collaborate with multiple departments and multiple levels of the organisation
Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
This is a temporary position: replacement during maternity leave: until end of January 2019. With a possibility for extension/permanent recruitment.
How to Apply? Please apply via our Sappi Career Portal.
<span 9.5pt="" style="font-family:;">Many thanks in advance for your interest in this position!