Sappi's Westbrook Mill near Portland, Maine is where the history of Sappi Fine Paper North America began in 1854 with the S. D. Warren Company and where the tradition of papermaking has an unshakable hold. It is the site of the first coated papermaking facility in the United States of America and the place where Sappi Fine Paper North America first developed its reputation for quality and innovation. The Westbrook Mill manufactures specialty coated papers used in a myriad of diverse applications, including the fashion, automotive, aerospace and flooring industries. Our faux-leather and natural textures can be seen in any shopping center around the world.
Position (job title): Truck Mechanic
Work Site: Mill Westbrook
- 5 years’ work history related to the Truck Mechanic Craft specific to Heavy Equipment (Loaders/Dump Trucks) and Industrial Trucks (Fork/Clamp Trucks) and a proactive Safety Awareness with associated Paper and Utilities Industrial Equipment
- Ability to work with other crafts with minimal supervision, plan and execute job scopes, troubleshoot and lead repairs to complex mill equipment
- General knowledge of and ability to estimate equipment weight and be able to safely rig all types of equipment
- Demonstrate ability to read blueprints, manuals and working drawings, plan and lay out work, and take accurate measurements using devices common to the craft
- General knowledge of welding processes such as Stick, Tig and gas torch operation. On the following materials mild steel, stainless steel
- Experience with computers and Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as SAP
- This is currently a day position but working off shifts may be required occasionally
Two year Technical Degree and/or equivalent certified Apprenticeship Program
HR Contact for Questions: Lisa Patterson
Contact Information: 207-856-4615, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.