Sappi Southern Africa
Technology Centre - Pretoria
Scientist ( HRL 15U/S8 )
Sappi Technology Centre is seeking a Scientist for the execution of research activities to achieve project delivery through an understanding of pulp and paper manufacturing processes.
- Use project management tools to plan, execute experimental work and field testing of solutions.
- Troubleshooting investigations and trials at mills.
- Produce written reports to mills with recommendations or guidelines.
- Produce defendable and accurate outputs.
- Research and literature studies.
- Support process and product improvement initiatives.
- Training of new staff and students.
- Management of the laboratory.
- Implements and maintains the Quality System according to ISO 17025 standards.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Communication skills (verbal and written)
- Project Management
- Supervisory skills
- Experimental design
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Research skills
- Application of theory
- Scientific methodology
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- 4-year Degree or 3-year Degree + 1 - 2 years relevant experience / Diploma + 5 years relevant experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in papermaking processes and/or biotechnology are an advantage
- Troubleshooting and process optimisation
- Statisctical analysis tools and methodology
Closing date: 25 April 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.