Sappi's Westbrook Mill near Portland, Maine is where the history of Sappi Fine Paper North America began in 1854 with the S. D. Warren Company and where the tradition of papermaking has an unshakable hold. It is the site of the first coated papermaking facility in the United States of America and the place where Sappi Fine Paper North America first developed its reputation for quality and innovation. The Westbrook Mill manufactures specialty coated papers used in a myriad of diverse applications, including the fashion, automotive, aerospace and flooring industries. Our faux-leather and natural textures can be seen in any shopping center around the world.
Position (job title): Instrumentation Technician
Work Site: Mill Westbrook
Successful candidates must be motivated; results oriented and able to demonstrate a strong safety history and awareness. Candidate must have extensive knowledge in Process Control Systems including the installation, maintenance, calibration & troubleshooting of Analytical Instruments, Process Transmitters and Pneumatic/Hydraulic Systems. Familiarity with SAP and Industrial electrical experience preferred. Experience in Process Controls, which would include:
- Troubleshooting, repair, replacement and calibration of electrical control instrumentation such as, temperature, pressure, ph., conductivity, turbidity, flow meters, valve positioner actuators and associated 4-20ma control loops
- Perform work order repairs, inspections and adjustments.
- Work directly with production personnel to isolate and repair problems.
- Work incident and injury free.
- Working knowledge of High Pressure Boilers
- Turbine Process Controls
- Maintenance & Audits of State Regulated Continuous Emissions Monitoring Systems (CEMS)
- Experience with Foxboro Spec 200
- Spectrum Instrumentation
- I/A DCS and Rockwell (AB) Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC)
- Candidates may work shift work as well as holidays and weekends.
Candidates should have a two year technical degree with “hands on” technical experience and/or completion of a documented apprenticeship with a minimum of two years industrial experience.
HR Contact for Questions: Lisa Patterson
Contact Information: 207-856-4615 , Lisa.Patterson@sappi.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.