Sappi's Westbrook Mill near Portland, Maine is where the history of Sappi Fine Paper North America began in 1854 with the S. D. Warren Company and where the tradition of papermaking has an unshakable hold. It is the site of the first coated papermaking facility in the United States of America and the place where Sappi Fine Paper North America first developed its reputation for quality and innovation. The Westbrook Mill manufactures specialty coated papers used in a myriad of diverse applications, including the fashion, automotive, aerospace and flooring industries. Our faux-leather and natural textures can be seen in any shopping center around the world.
Position (job title): Electrician
Work Site: Mill Westbrook
Sappi North America, an industry leader in the manufacture of specialties paper, is presently seeking an experienced Electrician at our Westbrook, Maine facility.
Candidates should have a two year technical degree with "hands on" technical experience and/or completion of a documented apprenticeship with a minimum of two years industrial experience.
- Successful candidates must be a self starter and highly motivated; results oriented and able to demonstrate awareness of Electrical safe work practices including NFP70e awareness.
- Candidates must have knowledge in Electrical/Instrumentation of DCS and PLC controls, AC and DC drives and power distribution systems including installation and maintenance of these systems.
- Candidates with Instrumentation systems experience and Mechanical aptitude helpful.
- Candidates may work shift work as well as holidays and weekends.
- Basic computer skills; Microsoft Office. Familiarity with SAP CMMS is a strong plus.
Sappi offers an excellent compensation and benefits package, including but not limited to a starting hourly rate of $24.45 - 27.16 for the experienced Electrician. All are eligible for a comprehensive healthcare, pension and vacation plans, as well as 12 paid holidays per year.
HR Contact for Questions: Lisa Patterson
Contact Information: 207-856-4615 , Lisa.Patterson@sappi.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.