Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Millwright ( HRL 15/S8 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ an incumbent to minimize after hours production downtime by providing first line breakdown repairs on plant equipment
REPORTING TO Millwright Foreman
- Required to be multi-skilled. E.g. mechanical fitting, basic boilermaking, rigging, electrical and Instrumentation
- Understand basic hydraulics and lubrication
- Must be able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Attends and repairs all mechanical breakdowns mill wide (changing pumps, fans, motors, gearboxes, grabs, cylinders, etc),
- Carry out laser alignment after changing rotating equipment
- Basic first line knowledge of diesel engines and equipment within the plant.
- Carries out electrical work mill wide as follows:
- Attends and repairs all electrical breakdowns mill wide (Tracing of electrical faults, replacing/rewiring of burnt components/panels, fault finding on PLC’s and VSD’s and chancing out of VSD’s, running and termination of new or damaged LT cables).
- Knowledge of basic welding/flame cutting, i.e. cutting of bolts/flanges, welding of low pressure pipes, brackets etc
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Able to show initiative
- Able to deliver under pressure
- Analytical skills
- Interpersonal Skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF Level 4 Engineering related qualification
- Recognised Millwright Trade Test
- 2 years post apprenticeship experience in a heavy industry or candidates who qualified via the Sappi Apprenticeship program will be considered
- Formal Supervisory experience will be considered advantageous
- Computer Literacy (MS Office, SAP PM)
Closing Date: 23 April 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.