Sappi Southern Africa
Head Office - Rosebank Johannesburg
Assistant Tax Accountant ( HRL 15/S8 )
Sappi Southern Africa is looking for a Assistant Tax Accountant to ensure that VAT returns are prepared and submitted on time, provide support to the business on VAT related issues and assist with the preparation and consolidation of income tax packs.
REPORTING TO: Tax Manager – Sappi Southern Africa
- Complete VAT returns for all Sappi units on a monthly basis.
- Prepare reconciliations of all the GL VAT control accounts for all the companies on a monthly basis.
- Arrange VAT payments and respond to VAT related queries from SARS.
- Assist / prepare various income Tax schedules on a monthly basis.
- Perform VAT audits on an ongoing basis.
- Provide training and support on VAT related topics to all the Sappi units.
- Provide VAT advice and opinions on an ad hoc basis.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Attention to detail
- Analytical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
- Planning and Organising
- Problem analysis and solving
- Proactive and taking initiative
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Degree / NQF Level 7 in Accounting
- Relevant 2 years tax experience
- SAP experience would be advantageous
Closing date: 21 February 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.