Sappi Southern Africa
HR Consultant: Operations ( HRL 15U/S8 )
Sappi Stanger is looking for an HR Conslutlant: Operations to partner with line management, providing an effective, value adding HR service to meet the demands of a high performance organisation. Proactively interact with line management and employees through the delivery of professional human resources management services as a dynamic business partner.
REPORTING TO: Human Resources Manager
Plan the delivery of HR services for specific group of departments in a business unit:
- Create short and medium term operational plans to deliver Sappi regional as well as business unit human resources priorities for the business.
- Act as the primary Human Resources contact for heads of departments, middle management and junior management.
- Deliver HR services in the business. Adhere to the specific priorities, timelines and quality of service standards.
Advisory and governance:
- Provide day to day advice to employees and line managers how to respond to people issues. Act as single point of contact and intermediary for HR services for the assigned business area.
- Ensure that labour and employment related statutory requirements are understood, and implemented correctly in the assigned departments.
- Coach line managers on HR and people management best practices.
- Explain HR policies, practices and procedures, ensure that it is implemented.
- Attend to and advise managers on employee relations matters. Responsible for discipline, grievance, dispute resolution and employee consultations.
- Drive performance management processes, coach line managers on effective goal setting and performance appraisals.
- Compile reports and analyses. Identify trends and inform line managers of the right actions.
- Drive the company’s transformation objectives in the business area in relation to employment equity, skills development and equal opportunities for disabled people. Participate in identifying vacancies suitable for people with disabilities.
- Monitor the headcount for the business area against headcount budgets and approve or decline recruitment requests.
- Ensure that the HR Admin team maintains employee data, including organisation structures, job titles and related information correctly on the SAP system for the business area. Draw detailed reports once a month to check that the information is correct.
Deliver HR Services:
- Participate in recruitment and selection processes.
- Execute the business area’s workforce planning, career conversations, performance management and succession planning process.
- Explain remuneration policies and processes to line managers and employees, including employee benefits.
- Monitor employee turnover (voluntary and involuntary) in the business area and highlight potential issues to the HR Manager.
- Refer employees or line managers for occupational health or employee wellbeing consultation when needed.
- Drive the process when an employee has to go on temporary or permanent disability by ensuring that the correct people are involved and that the right support is given to the line manager and the employee.
- Participate in local business projects.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Assertiveness with good business acumen
- Strong interpersonal skills with good negotiations and conflict management
- Good planning and organizing skills with attention to detail
- Flexible and innovative
- Communication skills (written & verbal)
- Change management skills
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF level 6 qualification (Human Resources Management) while NQF level 7 will considered advantageous
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an HR position within a manufacturing, unionized environment
- Computer literate, SAP HR
Closing Date: 26 February 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.