Sappi North America, headquartered in Boston, is a subsidiary of Sappi Limited (JSE), a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with more than 13,000 employees and manufacturing operations on three continents in seven countries and customers in over 100 countries around the world. We are a leading global provider of sustainable woodfiber products and solutions. The success of our four diversified businesses – high quality Coated Printing Papers, Specialised Cellulose, Release Papers and Specialty Packaging – is driven by strong customer relationships, best-in-class people and advantaged assets, products and services. Our high quality Coated Printing Papers, including McCoy, Opus, Somerset and Flo, are the key platform for premium magazines, catalogs, books and high-end print advertising. We are a leading manufacturer of Specialised Cellulose used in a wide range of products, including textile fibers and household goods, and one of the world's leading suppliers of Release Papers with our Ultracast and Classics lines for the automotive, fashion and engineered films industries. Our Specialty Packaging products, such as LusterPrint and LusterCote, represent an important asset in the food packaging and labelling industries. Customers rely on Sappi for high technical, operational and market expertise; products and services delivered with consistently high quality and reliability; and, state-of-the-art and cost-competitive assets and innovative spirit.
Position (job title): Financial Analyst
Work Site: HO Boston
Sappi North America is looking for the next key member of its financial team. The Financial Analyst will provide key financial support to sales and marketing teams by performing and analyzing financial information for volume incentive agreements as well as other ad-hoc analysis and reporting within the Finance Department. The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring and coordinating the agreements and related payments through the management approval process. This position is also responsible for maintaining agreement accruals in the accounting system and ensuring the correct accounting balances. The financial analyst will also provide support during the monthly closing process by reviewing account balances, posting journal entries and reconciling incentive accounts.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- 3+ years of experience in corporate and financial analysis, manufacturing company preferred
- Solid systems and computer skills, including Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, and SAP. Familiarity with the Business Objects Analysis tool (SAP) a plus.
- Ability to take initiative to get tasks completed, set priorities, meet deadlines and adapt to frequent change.
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ability to plan projects, create and maintain project momentum and execute projects according to plans.
- Strong analytical skills; strong attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read and comprehend contracts and apply contract terms to financial analysis.
- Review draft volume incentive agreements for clarity, completeness and compliance with established guidelines and follow-up with appropriate parties as necessary.
- Calculate and analyze financial impact of volume incentive programs.
- Manage all new and existing system accruals for volume incentive programs in SAP.
- Monitor and coordinate agreements through the approval process timely and efficiently.
- Gather outside party information to calculate and audit incentive payments to Sappi’s customers and ensure compliance with volume incentive contracts.
- Lead incentive program review meetings with sales and revenue accounting departments.
- Determine accruals and cash flow forecasts with volume targets in mind, and make month end general ledger entries for all adjustments.
- Manage and maintain incentive program tracking tools for payments, status reporting, monthly review process, performance reporting, and forecasting of rebate programs. Provide monthly system reconciliation and explain variances to approved targets.
- Assist in the Month End close process and reporting as needed.
- Identify and implement efficiencies and process improvements.
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Mellissa Johnson
Contact Information: 617-423-5402 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.