Sappi Southern Africa
Project Manager Resources ( HRL 16/S7 )
Sappi Southern Africa is seeking a suitably qualified candidate to manage timber supply agreements with private suppliers including individual timber growers, forestry companies, co-operatives and communities in order to create sustainable forestry enterprises for the supply of fibre into Sappi markets
REPORTING TO: Resources Manager
- Manage timber supply agreements with Private growers including individual growers, forestry companies, Co-op's and communities
- Ensure strong relationships are built.
- Advise growers on technical forestry matters including re-establishment, Silviculture, environment, mapping, harvesting and transport in order to maximize the yields from the grower’s property.
- Procure the additional timber requirement to Sappi markets in the form of both long and short term agreements.
- Ensure the growers on the Sappi Group Scheme manage their timber properties according to the principles of the FSC group scheme, including facilitating internal and external audits.
- Manage variable and fixed budgets and report on financial performance.
- Staying abreast with market timber prices and market intelligence in the area.
- Maintain and enhance Sappi’s image in the area in order to increase Sappi’s footprint in terms of. increased timber supply.
- Ensure that contracted volumes of timber as listed in the timber supply agreements is supplied to the Sappi markets when required.
- Manage the supply of seedlings as per agreement, including costs and tray returns.
- Approve and ensure accurate timber payments.
- Manage loan advancements and recovery processes.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Coaching and Mentoring
- Estate Management
- Conflict Management
- Building Effective Teams
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National diploma in Forestry and/or Agriculture or studying towards a relevant National Diploma will be preferable.
- Up to 5 years relevant experience.
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree being advantageous.
- A Supply Chain Management and or Financial qualification being advantageous.
- Valid driver’s license
Closing date: 19 February 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.