Sappi Southern Africa
PORT HELPER CRF 2 (Scale C)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Port Helper to safely and efficiently check and clean Primary Ports and Smelt Spouts ensuring stable firing of the Recovery Boiler.
REPORTING TO: Shift Superintendent
- Check the condition of the Primary Ports constantly and clean them every hour.
- Ensure the smelt flow from the smelt spouts is constant by clearing any obstructions in the spouts, consistently throughout the shift.
- Ensure the throat of the spouts to the Dissolving Tank is cleaned every 2 hours.
- Ensure dissolving tank agitators are running at all times.
- Take smelt samples to the laboratory to analyses reductions.
- Ensure fish tails open to spouts and shatter nozzles open.
- Conform and adhere to work and operating procedures and instructions.
- Perform house keeping with the team – focus on area of responsibility
- Regularly inspects all equipment in the plant for potential problems each shift
- Perform other duties as directed by the Process Controller or Shift Superintendent
- Communicate with process controller and shift sup potential and actual production delays
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Problem solving and analysis
- Knowledge of general health and safety risks and practices
- Good technical knowledge of the process and plant
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- N3 Pulp and Paper
- Matric (Maths and Science)
- 1 Years’ experience in a production
Closing date for applications: 25 February 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.