Sappi Southern Africa
Saiccor Mill, Umkomaas
Senior Civil Technician ( HRL 15U/S8 )
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Saiccor seeks to employ an incumbent to authorise building maintenance and new projects as per the Mill requirements by planning priority work in co-operation with the Engineering manager, Project Manager and Production staff
- Plans yearly shutdown work, maintenance work, work orders and breakdowns with the foreman deciding on priorities after consultation with the relevant departments and Engineering Manager.
- Inspects the factory buildings, roads, effluent channels whilst on his daily rounds, thereafter plans implementation of repairs with Engineers, production managers, civil foreman and technician.
- Checks and oversees labour, material and transport for work to be undertaken inside or outside factory.
- Maintains a cost record of company spend in terms of work in hand, advises the engineering manager and Projects manager of costs occurred and future expenditure if required.
- Plans and ensures a high standard of an ethical tendering, consults with Procurement as required and keeps records for audit purposes.
- Maintains standards of workmanship and quality control amongst contractors and his own staff on an ongoing basis by regular inspections or work in progress.
- Maintains the safety standards within his department to ensure compliance with statutory legislation and codes of practice by regular inspections on site.
- Apply` s the Construction Regulations as a mandatory compliance when new work is in progress.
- Draws up specifications for project and maintenance work which will form part of tender documents
- Manages the civil building aspect of new project work onsite
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and Organizing
- Drawing interpretation
- Building maintenance
- Functional / Technical Skills
- Conflict Management
- Problem Analysis and Solving
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- B-Tech in Civil Engineering (T4 minimum)
- 5 – 8 years’ relevant experience in construction management
- Project Management experience
- Factory exposure
- SAP knowledge would be advantageous
- Computer Literacy (MS Office)
Closing Date: 25 February 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.