Sappi Southern Africa
Head Office - Rosebank Johannesburg
Financial Accountant ( HRL 17/S7 )
Sappi Southern Africa is looking for a Financial Accountant to take responsibility for the consolidation of the group results in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards and other reporting guidelines applicable to a South African JSE listed entity.
REPORTING TO: Group Accounting Manager
- Preparation and reporting of Sappi Limited’s monthly management results;
- Performing Sappi Limited’s and Sappi Papier Holdings (SPH) consolidation on Hyperion Financial Management (HFM), ensuring all intercompany transactions eliminate (being cognisant of the translation effects (FCTR)) and validation checks have been performed and cleared;
- Preparing various monthly management reports (including the CEOs Report, CFOs Report, etc.);
- Compiling the board pack for SPH on a quarterly basis;
- Assist in the preparation of Sappi Limited’s:
- Quarterly financial results booklet
- Annual Financial Statements together with allocated notes;
- Complete the IFRS Reporting and JSE Disclosure checklists for the Quarterly Financial results and Annual Financial Statements;
- Liaise with external auditors regarding Interim financial results reported and Annual Financial Statements;
- Preparation of the South African Reserve Bank B21 Company Returns Forms for Sappi Limited’s offshore investments;
- Perform adhoc tasks per company request.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Effective communication
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to handle pressure under strict deadlines
- Analytical skills
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Qualified CA (SA) with a B Com Hons. Accounting or equivalent degree
- Experience and exposure to Hyperion Financial Management, IAS/IFRS will hold candidates in good stead
Closing date: 25 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.