What do you dream of?
A child dreams of a future free from constraints. It's a great quality that we tend to lose as we grow older.
At Sappi Europe, not only do we still want to dream, we want to make our dreams come true. We will continue to consolidate and reinforce our position as one of the world's leading producer of coated fine paper.
To make our dreams come true, we need the right people to share our key employment values: integrity and trust, freedom with responsibility, courage to explore new avenues and personal development.
Do you still dare to dream? Come and talk to us if you do.
Purpose of the job:
We are looking for a Customer Service Representative in order to ensure effective and efficient functioning of our customer service department and support our sales team.
More specifically, you will:
- Monitor customers related stocks and take appropriate action in taking the stocks in the agreed limits
- Maintain customer master data/LIFE qualification of customer
- Assist external sales force and management in compiling statistics out of sales relevant systems
- Compile statistics out of the system (SAP, BOA, …)
- Work with sales manager on all aspects of offer preparation, consistent with the Sappi sales methodology.
- Establish background information and pick up on opportunities as well as getting involved in operational problems and convert these to opportunities, this on basis of close day to day contact with internal and external customers
- Manage the orders in which quantity, specifications, conditions & delivery time are mentioned in agreement within the guidelines of Sappi sales and price policy and terms of payment
- Monitor the balance customer specification with mill specifications
- Ensure an adequate/right settlement of the orders/order processing with use of automated systems
- Follow-up and monitors course/progress of order (production, delivery of products and invoicing)
- Be responsible for the administration of credit and debit notes
- Monitor completeness of documentation
- Actively build close working relationship with operational staff in new/existing client organizations
- Be in charge of general communication with customer in his area of responsibility and liaise with all involved parties.
- Support the sales manager in providing input to the sales planning process.
- Give assistance to the Customer Service Manager
- Liaise with Logistics manager in order to plan workload of the warehouse crew.
Qualifications & Experience
- You have a commercial education or higher non-university degree or equivalent;
- You have 2-3 years working experience in a similar function;
- Fluency in English as well as German and one of the official Belgian languages (Dutch/French) is required. The knowledge of any other European language will be considered as an asset (e.g. Italian);
- You are computer literate (MS Office, Outlook, SAP);
- You are a team player and possess excellent problem solving skills;
- You are a detailed oriented person with good organizational skills
- You are customer and results oriented;
- You are patient, dedicated to the job and very concentrated in working;
- You are open to a multinational environment
- You demonstrate pro-activity and flexibility;
- You have good communication and interpersonal skills;
Our Offer: Sappi offers you a challenging position in our International Company alongside with an interesting remuneration package. Sappi offers wide-ranging opportunities for highly motivated and committed people. We aim to provide our people with the opportunity to develop their talents and to grow to their full potential.
Patricia Van Pottelbergh
HR Business Partner
How to Apply? Please apply via our Sappi career portal.
Many thanks in advance for your interest in Sappi!