Sappi Southern Africa
PROCESS CONTROLLER #2 DIGESTER (10 / HRL13/S9)
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place a suitably qualified Process Controller for #2 digester to safely , efficiently and effectively operate the equipment and DCS panels at fibreline #2 Digester by ensuring optimum production, quality with minimum downtime and effluent.
REPORTING TO the Shift Superintendent
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of the plant.
- Performs pre–start and running plant checks on DCS and ensures controls are in correct modes as per best operating practices
- Starts up and shuts down Digester 2 plant according to best operating practices
- Monitors and controls Cooking, screening and washing parameters to achieve desired qualities and pulp properties
- Ensures operation adheres to effluent, emissions and water consumption budgets
- Takes corrective action whenever plant problems occur
- Reports operational challenges, abnormal conditions and equipment defects to the Shift Superintendent
- Initiates notifications to various maintenance Departments.
- Remains in constant radio contact with Outside operators and Engineering team when required
- Keeps and maintains a high standard of safety awareness
- Records run rates and downtime on OEE system
- Keeps comprehensive log and participates in SBT RCA investigations
- Performs isolations for plant maintenance using safe work procedures
- Writes out clearance certificates for plant maintenance
- Relieves on plant sections where licensed
- Ensures a comprehensive shift hand over
- Provides on the job training for trainees
- Carries out BBS Observations
- Maintains a high level of good housekeeping in the workplace at all time
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- NQF 5 Chemical engineering or Pulp and Paper
- NQF 6 Diploma in Chemical engineering or Pulp and Paper will be advantageous
- 3-5 years relevant production experience
Closing date for applications: 26 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.