Sappi Southern Africa
Outside Operator KLB (Grade 11) X2
Sappi Ngodwana Mill seek to place suitably qualified Outside Operator to safely and efficiently operate the equipment and to ensure optimum production thereby reducing downtime.
REPORTING TO the Shift Superintendent
- Observes, rectifies and report all deficiencies outside Control room.
- Initiates notifications to various maintenance Departments.
- Supervises housekeeping for section
- Remains in constant radio contact with process controllers
- Preforms outside activities.
- Keeps and maintains a high standard of safety awareness
- Performs regular audits and complete checklists.
- Starts up and operates the plant
- Must have a good understanding and knowledge of the plant.
- Ensures quality and performance checks
- Performs isolations on the plant equipment for plant maintenance using safe work procedures.
- Writes out clearance certificates for plant maintenance
- Performs visual shift checks
- Reliefs on plant sections where licensed
- Identification; communication and mitigation of risks
- Planning and organising
- Problem solving
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with Maths and Science/N3 Pulp and Paper
- 1-3 years relevant production experience
Closing date for applications: 26 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.