Sappi Southern Africa
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana seeks to employ a Maintenance Support Mechanical (Foreman) to supervise skilled trade’s people and coordinate the safe performance of maintenance tasks
REPORTING TO: Head of Maintenance
- Assess equipment, materials and labour needed to complete large and or complex maintenance tasks
- Collaborate with internal and external customers and or suppliers for the purpose of implementing and maintaining services and or programs.
- Coordinate the services and activities of outside contractors as assigned to ensure that contracted work is completed in a safe, effective and timely manner that it meets Mill’s standards and objectives
- Direct assigned maintenance staff in resolving complex maintenance tasks ensuring that the Mill sections are maintained in a safe and effective working and learning environment.
- Maintain a variety of manual and electronic files and or records
- Required to work standby and overtime as required.
- Assist with the selection of new employs, promotions, terminations, transfers, supervising, disciplining and training of staff
- Monitor subordinate’s performance against Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality (SHEQ) requirements and correct non-conformances.
- Investigate incidents (SHEQ) and identify root causes of Non-Conformances and corrects deviations.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge of Mechanical equipment
- Budgeting and Cost Control
- Knows and understands the principles and application of electrical, mechanical and Instrumentation maintenance.
- Ability to plan, organise, monitor and co-ordinate resources in order to meet business goals optimally.
- Knowledge of Pressure equipment and Driven machine regulation
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Grade 12 with Math’s and Science or a completed N3 Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- Trade Test Certificate in Mechanical Engineering
- 5 years’ plant operations experience
- Pulp and Paper industry experience will be advantageous
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
- Valid Driving Licence Required
Marius de Jager
Closing Date 22 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.