Sappi Southern Africa
Durban - Maydon Wharf
Shipping Supply Chain Intern - SES ( 85 and 86 for temps )
Sappi Southern Africa - Regional head office is looking for a Shipping Supply Chain Intern who will be based in Durban - Maydon Wharf to effectively liaise with all relevant supply chain stakeholders to ensure order shipment execution, to ensure service and communication excellence and efficiency for all product export orders.
REPORTING TO: Supply Chain Planning Manager
- Professional, pro-active and productive communication between mill, warehouses, sales offices and external supply chain service providers.
- Provide ongoing support and visibility to the sales team in terms of order execution.
- Advise offshore offices on shipping possibility, vessel names and dates.
- Work with central planners to adjust the master plan in line with Global S&OP guidelines and decisions.
- Liaise between external supply chain service providers and sales offices, mills and warehouses to facilitate changes in shipping requirements.
- Check all requirements and specifications on special instructions / LC.
- Monitoring the release of containers, consolidation between shipping lines and warehouses as to dates for collection from depots, and consolidated forecasting of empty pickups.
- Logging of NCR’s in SAP relating to their area of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate the investigation of demurrage and container damages charges relating to export and import shipments.
- Schedule orders into weekly vessel programmes as appropriate to customers required delivery dates.
- Month end follow up with shipping lines and notification to warehouse to PGI on closure.
- Perform when required any ad hoc inquiries/tasks/projects as requested by SES management.
- Schedule orders into weekly vessel programmes as appropriate to customers required delivery dates (create and update vessel schedules per order level).
- Prepare ETA files for Outsource partner to complete within timelines agreed.
- Ensure all system order requirements are in place for effective shipment of orders.
- Order change execution and proactive follow through due to production, customer and shipping reasons.
- Local sales order packing on system and sales office updating.
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Building value-based relationships
- Attention to detail
- Problem solving
Planning and Organising
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- Relevant degree/diploma in supply chain management or equivalent qualification
- Knowledge of shipping and supply chain management.
- Computer literate - MS Office; SAP R3
- Knowledge of Customs will be an added advantage
Closing date: 21 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.