Sappi North America is a division of Sappi Limited, a global company headquartered in Johannesburg, South Africa, with manufacturing operations on four continents in nine countries with sales offices in 50 countries. The Cloquet Mill, located on the banks of the St. Louis River, produces some of the highest quality heavyweight web and sheet fed products in the world. The original mill opened in 1898 and has undergone a variety of changes and improvements over the years, most-recently (2013) to convert the pulp mill into a producer of Specialized Cellulose, dissolving pulp used primarily for the textile markets. With the conversion, the pulp mill is now able to swing between Specialized Cellulose and Kraft pulp based on market needs. With a focus on responsible and sustainable operations, the Cloquet Mill is focused on energy savings improvements which have led to local, state, and national environmental recognition.
Position (job title): PM12 Superintendent 1
Work Site: Mill Cloquet
- B.S. in Chemical, Paper Science, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or any B.S. degree with 5+ yrs paper manufacturing experience.
- An understanding of papermachine operations or related experience.
- Strong PC Skills, including Word, Excel, Windows, MICS (or similar) and SAP applications (or similar)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization
- Proven track record of performance and ability to lead in all areas including Safety, Quality, Cost, and Production improvements.
- Relentless drive to improve safety and quality as well as to reduce waste and increase operating efficiencies.
- Develop and lead personnel and business processes for PM12 operations to maximize paper production.
- Lead and coach personnel on making safe and environmentally sound operating, technical and maintenance decisions and plans to achieve defined performance measures.
- Direct targeted cost improvement strategies that minimize costs. Drive to deliver results and develop forward-looking plans for capital and operating improvements.
- Demonstrated performance in supervision of personnel and/or project work. (Ability to plan, organize, coordinate, and implement projects and plans.)
- Ability to prioritize projects and activities to deliver expected results.
- Ensure compliance to the Union labor agreement
- Create an environment of teamwork and continuous improvement
Salary is determined by a number of factors including the value of the job to the organization, market forces, internal equity and skills brought to the job.
HR Contact for Questions: Pamela Baker
Contact Information: 218-879-2345 , email@example.com
Sappi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Sappi complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.