Sappi Southern Africa
ELECTRICAL TECHNICIAN (Grade 9/HRL15/S8)
PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Sappi Ngodwana seeks to employ an Electrical Technician to assist the Electrical and Project Engineers by carrying out various electrical project work, maintenance tasks, technical investigations and management tasks
REPORTING TO Head of Maintenance
- Assist the Electrical Engineer and Electrical Project engineers by performing various project work, technical investigations and management tasks
- Creates and maintains technical specifications and procedures, Capital and Renewal applications and enquiry documents
- Manage Capital and Renewal projects, this shall include, inter alia, liaison with and supervision and motivation of project team members detailed planning, reporting and cost control
- Update plant Electrical drawings in consultation with plant Foremen.
- Perform technical investigations and feasibility studies and investigates maintenance problems, producing reports containing detailed recommendations
- Provide specialist maintenance skills to section or area of responsibility
- Fault finding on plant and equipment not performing to OEM specifications.
- Fault finding related to plant and equipment causing production stoppages or reduced throughput capacity
- Assist with plant breakdowns where necessary and provide support to Plant Foremen, and manages sections pending situations, also carries out standby duties.
- Observe Company safety policy and procedures in accordance with OHS Act and IRCA
KEY COMPETENCIES / SKILLS
- Knowledge & Experience of Shut planning
- Project management experience and skills
- Work scope development, planning, developing and adherence to QCPs
- Competent with Capex and Renewal procedure
- Understanding of the document management process
- Knowledge on contract management
- Knowledge of HV/LV mill reticulation and implementation of maintenance strategy
REQUIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE
- National Diploma Engineering Electrical Heavy Current
- 2 Years’ Experience in heavy industry
- Computer Literate (MS Office Package)
- SAP knowledge will be advantageous
Marius de Jager
Closing Date: 22 January 2018
How to Apply? Please click on one of the buttons below. If you encounter any issue while applying contact your HR contact.
Feel free to visit our website for further information www.sappi.com
Sappi is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Should you not have been contacted within 14 days of the closing date of this advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.