Supply Chain & Services Manager
Heads of Departments, Unit Heads and Assigned Employee
Suppliers, Regulatory Bodies
The focus of the role is to use efficient system to maintain reliable inventory, control demand and supplies by receiving, storing, and delivering items; securing the stores; supervising staff.
He/she also oversees financial accounting and reporting activities of stocks and establishes logs, or records, to report items received, in stock or shipped and also ensure reports are accurate, complete and conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP), top management's directives and cost accounting standards (CAS).
Functions of the Appointment
Functions of the Appointment:
Undertakes inventory checks by validating the supplier entry slips and verifying that the order, delivery and invoice tally for consistency of data.
Conducts stock-taking process: controls daily inventory; schedules and organizes the monthly and annual stock take in collaboration with Finance.
Ensures that all damaged and obsolete stocks are detailed for destruction, and makes proposals for stock depreciation.
Oversees the ordering and receipt of material, equipment, stock, and supplies for the hospital; uses the department’s computer system to maintain verification of all transactions.
Inspects items received for accurate weight, count and condition; verifies that stock meets specifications and that orders are complete; and resolves order problems with vendors and departments.
Stores articles by style, size, material, FIFO, FIFE etc. according to department procedures; rotates supplies to ensure that items do not expire before use.
Performs various clerical duties such as data entry of requisitions and receipts and answering phones; answering hospital staffs’ questions regarding storeroom activities as required to ensure that quality service is delivered.
Evaluate supply needs turnover rates, cost, perishability, hazardous nature of goods, and storage limitations; may consult with departments in planning the range and quality of materials to be stocked.
Ensures that shortages, damages and obsolete items purchased are immediately reported to the supplier for appropriate action.
Facilitates enforcement of stock control policy and sees to it that all stock variances are investigated and reconciled before the next stock take. Ensures that the nature and quantity of stocks for the period match estimated demand. Analyses the differentials and makes proposals for action to be taken to adapt the revolving stocks and reduce idle stocks.
Ensures that the stores are tidy, clean and stocks are properly arranged and stored in conditions consistent with manufacturer's recommendations
Efficiently manage team members to ensure they delivery per the expected Key Performance Indicators
Produce monthly stock reports and ensure they are consistent with stock accounting principles.
Ensures compliance with laid down procedures and regulations on stock control and ensure that they are in line with company and regulatory bodies procedures
Analyzes any incidents that may occur and makes proposals to improve safety at the stores.
HND Accounting, Purchasing and Supply, Business Management with Economics background.
3+ years of experience in stores and warehouse management in a fast paced environment
Personal Qualities and Competencies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to organize workload and work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to take and work on own initiative.
- Good initiative and problem-solving skills
- Assertiveness- ability to articulate views and decisions and stick to them where necessary.
- Proficient computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and ERPs.
- Physically able to stand, sit, move, squat, walk, and climb during the course of the shift
- Able to work night, weekends, extended hours, and holidays
- Accurate and precise attention to detail
- Able to analyze data and problems and strategize for better solutions
- Good interpersonal skills to work with management and staff at all levels
- Trustworthiness – ability to conduct self in a manner which elicits trust, respect and confidence of team members, clients, colleagues and suppliers.