The Procurement & Logistics department negotiates and manages contracts with third party suppliers for the acquisition of everything that the Nile Air needs to carry out its operations. Our overall objective is to achieve the lowest total cost of purchase along with the optimum terms and conditions in accordance with best practice procurement techniques. Areas of responsibility:
1. Aircraft catering
2. Crew hotels, Training and Accommodation
3. Advertising and Media
4. Jet fuel
5. Asset acquisition / disposal
6. Cargo handling equipment
8. Ground handling
9. Office supplies
• Implementation of procurement strategies and policies.
• Prepare the annual procurement plan.
• Managing vendor relationships and assist in building effective partnerships.
• Maintain existing relationships with key suppliers and develop new suppliers to Quality and Industry approved standards
• Overseeing all procurement ensuring value, quality and performance.
• Manage and develop the Purchasing function
• Negotiate contracts and formulate policies with suppliers
• Control WH operations
• Manage inventory to meet all business requirements, identify surplus stock and disposal options
• Control costs and Purchasing Department budget
• Maintain accurate procedures and processes within the Purchasing Department to ensure continued process improvement, accuracy and efficiency
• Create and implement effective vendor KPI's
• Ensure compliance with both internal and external legislative and regulatory requirements
• Undertake other duties as required