Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
Kemira Pulp & Paper offers unique expertise in applying chemicals and supporting pulp and paper producers to innovate and constantly improve their operational efficiency and end-product quality.
We are now looking for an innovativeand customer oriented Application Specialist to strengthen the Equipment Solutions team in our Pulp & Paper segment. The Equipment Solutions team works with Kemira’s customer equipment, such as chemical dosing units, polymer make down units and control & monitoring devices. The position will report to the Manager of Application Development Equipment solutions Pulp & Paper EMEA and the location for the position will be Germany. Your main focus will be on project planning, execution and service for the equipment in the field, including installation, troubleshooting and technical support for new and existing customers in EMEA, mainly in Germany. At times, you will be working closely together with external equipment and service providers. You clearly have a focus on hands on work on customer sites as well as continous equipment development. Furthermore, we expect the successful candidate to provide expertise in equipment applications and understanding of pulp- and papermaking processes. You will be working closely with the Sales teams to ensure proper support in equipment projects as well as with the other supporting functions. Finally, we see it as essential for you to have an openness for new challenges and a positive approach towards your customers and colleagues.
What we offer:
- A hands-on position offering a wide range of technical challenges
- An interesting position with the opportunity to deepen your knowledge regarding chemical dosing technologies and wide range of different applications in paper industry.
- An international and collaborative environment that allows you to develop yourself as a specialist
What you need:
- Completed education in a technical field, preferably as an electrician, mechanic or in mechatronics
- Working experience and knowledge about chemical dosing equipment in paper making industry, capability to understand electrical drawings and execute electrical/ automation connections or experience from instrumentation technology would be a plus
- Skills in electrical and automation work are essential.
- Knowledge on paper making processes and PLC/HMI/M2M are seen as an advantage.
- Engaging personality with ambition and high motivation to work independently
- High technical and service orientation, coupled with good communication skills in English and the willingness to travel (up to 70%)
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
For more information, please contact Jan Imperial, Sr Manager, HR, EMEA Central, (Tel. +49 69 256128 121). Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers' product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas and water treatment. In 2017, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.5 billion and 4,700 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.