Kemira is a global company providing solutions, chemicals and expertise to water intensive industries around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
We are now looking for an experienced and innovative Senior Research Scientist to join our Sizing and Performance Team in our Espoo R&D Center. You will work as a Senior Scientist and Project Manager in projects focusing on retention, drainage and strength of paper and board. You will be responsible for research and development for these product lines. You will work together in close collaboration with product and marketing management and with sales and application teams to plan and implement the R&D activities in the specified technical area.
What we offer:
• Opportunity to excel and drive innovation as a leading scientist in retention, drainage and strength of paper and board.
• Work as a key member of a multi-functional and dynamic R&D team focusing on pulp and paper industry applications.
• Possibility to work in a state-of-the-art R&D laboratory of a leading chemical supplier for the paper industry.
• Work in a Global, Finnish company that is committed to innovation, cares for people and is dedicated to customer success.
• Excellent environment for further developing and expanding your strengths and competencies as a World-class expert in paper and board retention, drainage and strength.
What you need:
• Academic degree (MSc/PhD) in the area of paper chemistry, paper technology, chemical engineering, process engineering, or other relevant area of technology.
• Minimum 5 years of scientific experience in research and product/application development for pulp and paper industry, specifically in the area of retention, drainage and strength of paper and board.
• In addition to competence in fundamentals of paper making, knowledge in surface and colloidal chemistry is considered as a strong advantage.
• Research oriented attitude and passion to creatively solve problems. Your way of working is innovative.
• Courage to drive constant improvement by challenging existing status and identifying new ways of working.
• You are a team player with excellent collaboration skills, but you are also able to work independently. You are proactive and service-minded and you have desire to create networks.
• Excellent communication and reporting skills in English. You are able to convey and summarize complex technical information in a clear and understandable way and you are able to create scientific publications.
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira.
For more information, please contact Annaleena Kokko, Manager, Sizing and Performance by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at +358 50 3663 564 on 10.8.2017 at 12-16 or on 11.8.2017 at 9-11.
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectations no later than 27.8. 2017 at kemira.com/careers.
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers‘ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas, mining and water treatment. In 2016, Kemira had annual revenue of EUR 2.4 billion and around 4,800 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.