Bradford, West Yorkshire UK
Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers' first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are now looking for an Operations Manager for our Bradford site in the UK (due to forthcoming retirement and promotion on site). The primary focus of this role is to lead, manage and continually improve, through teamwork and delegation the safe operation of the production, warehouse and logistics activities on site. You will directly manage a team of Production, Process Technology and Logistics professionals with indirect responsibility for process safety, production, shift craft and warehouse personnel on site.
You will manage the process technology team to provide a safe working environment in an Upper Tier COMAH facility and lead the drive for continual improvement
You will manage production to set budget and targets and liaise with other departments to understand current and future needs and develop plans for inegrating business needs into existing operational activities. Ensuring regulatory and schedule compliance as well as cost containment, you will generate and analyse reports/KPIs to identify problems and drive the implementation of agreed solutions.
In this role you will also be responsible for managing warehouse and logistics activities and opimising the transportation and distribution of raw materials and finished products. This will involve you liaising with Sourcing and major service providers to minimise costs and ensure satisfactory standards of service.
As a member of the site management team, you will work together with the team to ensure effective employee relations and employee engagement on site.
What we offer:
- An attractive salary and benefits package including a discretionary bonus and attractive pension scheme .
- Challenging, interesting and varying tasks with training and development within the role allowing you to develop your expertise and grow professionally.
What you need:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or proven track record in a production leadership role gained from a lean manufacturing/process industry.
- Proven experience of leading and motivating a team in a manufacturing/process industry (chemical industry manufacturing environment would be an advantage).
- NEBOSH Certificate or equivalent.
- A good communicator, with strong analytical skills and ability to plan and organise through teamwork and delegation.
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
For more information, please contact Ian Adams, Operations Manager by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please apply on-line with CV, salary expectations and covering letter.
Closing Date: 19 February 2019