Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, business acumen and service excellence to help our customers succeed, we want to talk to you.
We are now looking for an experienced Manager, Application Development, Industrial to join our I&W segment in the EMEA region. The purpose of the role is to lead application management operations for selected Industrial segments, with a focus on Mining applications. Hence, you will manage the technical side of application proposals to ensure that they are technically accurate, consistent with the quality and price standards, and aligned with product and service strategies. You are liaising face-to-face with customers in developing customer specific product application needs and requirements focused on customer return on investment and value creation. Steering the innovation pipeline of Mining applications to meet the needs of EMEA Commercial is also part of this role as well as conducting training and competence building. Furthermore, you are liaising with regional Sales as well as other functional and operational area managers to ensure efficient plan execution and commercialization. The location for this position is Frankfurt.
Industry & Water supports municipalities and water intensive industries in the efficient and sustainable utilization of resources. In water treatment, we help in optimizing every stage of the water cycle. In oil and gas applications, our chemistries enable improved yield from existing reserves and reduced water and energy use.
What we offer:
- Collaborating within an international team of experts
- The opportunity to strategically contribute to our I&W business in EMEA and thus enhance our market position
- Being part of creating new product applications and solutions for large industrial accounts
- Personal and professional growth
What you need:
- University level degree in Metallurgy, Chemical engineering, or similar, complemented by a higher level education/courses in business strategy / development
- At least 5 years working experience within the Mining industry or in an industry supplying to large industrial accounts
- Proven expertise incl. laboratory and field experience related to chemical applications in Mining
- Good customer relationship management skills and strong business acumen, understanding of the Mining business ecosystem, business models and competitive environment
- Clear evidence of managing a business innovation portfolio, track record in leading development projects towards commercial targets
- Ability to work cross-functionally, for example with Sales and in remote locations, preferably Africa and/or the CIS countries
- Willingness to travel 60-100 days/year;
- Fluency in English is required, Russian language skills are considered a plus
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
For more information, please contact Jan Imperial, Sr Manager, HR, EMEA Central (Tel. +49 69 256128 121). Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectations at kemira.com/careers.