Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an experienced EHSQ Specialist .The EHSQ specialist is a key site champion and subject matter expert for all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) compliance along with supporting the Tri ISO management systems for the Mobile site. Additionally, this position significantly contributes to the conducting and management of the training program for the facility. The EHSQ Specialist must compliment the EHS manager as focal points in the safety culture of the organization. This position is in our Mobile, AL facility.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Prepares and supports monthly safety training.
- Support Leading indicator programmes, data analysis and 360 communications.
- Ensures data is analyzed and communicated for identified focus improvement areas.
- Plans for resolution are established.
- Employee Injuries and Medical
- Collects and maintains data needed to complete the OSHA 300 log.
- Supports case management for all work-related medical incidents to ensure proper treatment, classification and worker compensation.
- Schedules and administers the employee Physicals and Industrial Hygiene program.
- Supports communication with outside agency representatives (i.e. ADEM, MAWSS, DHS, fire, LEPC, industrial safety groups)
- Performs routine site audits, safety walks, observations to measure compliance with site and corporate standards.
- Support the lifecycle management of the following EHSQ-related permits and documents:
- Wastewater Permit
- Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) Plan
- Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP)
- Hazardous Waste Contingency Plan (HWCP)
- Emergency Response Plan
- Safety Standards Manual
- Site Security Plan
- Determine and maintain current list of chemicals to be analyzed for annual stormwater analysis
- Supports the planning and conduct of quarterly emergency response drills, including off-shifts.
- Maintain awareness of coporate communications in crisis and emergency response.
- Communicate key plant safety charts and leading indicator metrics.
- Support communication of monthly toolbox topics.
- Maintains the plant EH&S training database.
- Supports significant incident/accident investigations and reporting. Uses applicable root cause investigative processes.
- Maintain DHS records.
- Provides orientation training for all new employees.
- Assist in preparation of annual cycle management reviews.
- Participates in networking and collaboration (corporate/global) sessions.
- Mobile Site Controlled Document management.
- QM module SAP data management support.
- Support with EHSW homepage.
- Other adhoc or routine administation as required.
- Supports auditing and subsequent maintenance of Unit Safety File
- Audits Work Permit System
- Plant Point of Contact for Audits and Action Item Tracking
- Participaties in PSM and Compliance audits
What we offer:
- Increasing your abilities and skills in various area
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefit package
- Great, multicultural and positive working environment
What you need:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health, Engineering, Science or other related area
- Minimum 5 years’ progressively challenging safety positions in the chemical process industry
- Certification in the following is considered helpful (EMT, CSP, ASP, HAZWOPER, DOT, Industrial Hygiene)
- Collaborating fully with other site EHSQ specialists and leaders as directed. Employee
Measurements and KPIs
- Safety Engagement
- Injury rates (First Aid, OSHA recordable, LTA)
- Upstream safety reporting (Near misses, Hazardous conditions)
- Employee involvement in the behavior based safety program.
- Compliance with Regulatory Agency laws and guidelines (OSHA, DOT)
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer