Safety & Compliance Specialist
Kemira is a global chemicals company that provides expertise and tailored combinations of chemicals to improve our customers’ water, energy and raw material efficiency. We help customers create more value by applying our expertise where water meets chemistry. Kemira aims to promote sustainable economic, environmental and social development in all of our activities. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for a Team leader for Safety and Compliance to support the manufacturing in our Industry & Water business segment. This position supports the operations for plants located in East Chicago and St. Louis MO and reports to the East Chicago Site Manager. You will need to supervise implementation of health, safety, quality, environment rules and regulations according to company policies, standards, corporate tools and programs, and applicable regulations. The position will oversee regulatory OSHA compliance related to EHSQ with special emphasis on manufacturing plants, rail logistics and truck transportation (bulk chemicals). Assist the EHSQ Global team, for RMP (Risk Management Plan), PSM (Process Safety Management) Support plant’s Managers with PHA (Process Hazard Analysis). Develop safety reports, identify non-compliance issues and bring the appropriate corrective actions with an emphasis on continuous improvement. Audit process for 2 chemical manufacturing plants (East Chicago and St. Louis, MO). Assist and maintain management of (DHS) Department of Homeland Security Compliance. Support the administration of the Integrated Management Process. Act as technical advisor for the Emergency Response Assistance Plan (ERAP). Team Leader on Kemira Internal Tier 1 Emergency Response Team. HAZWOPER OSHA - Organize, planning training sessions of regulations related to Safety & Compliance. Review & help to implement and maintain the integrated programs such as the DMS ISO9000, 14000, OHSAS 18000 with the plant’s Managers
Kemira’s Industry & Water segment supports municipalities and water intensive industries in the efficient and sustainable utilization of resources. In water treatment, we help in optimizing every stage of the water cycle. In oil and gas applications, our chemistries enable improved yield from existing reserves and reduced water and energy use. In North America, we have Logistics operations and manufacturing sites across Canada and the United States.
What we offer:
- Increasing your abilities and skills in various area
- Opportunities for professional development and growth within a dynamic Manufacturing & Logistics environment, learning from successful professionals with specialized knowledge and experience.
- Work with a global company that is committed to innovation, cares for people and is dedicated to customer success.
- Competitive total compensation package including group health benefits and retirement savings plan.
What you need:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Safety Management, Occupational Health, Engineering, Science or other related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in manufacturing environments. Chemical industry experience is a significant asset.
- Strong working knowledge of Industrial Hygiene and Ergonomics, and OSHA
- Willingness to learn about additional safety features and inquisitive about Best Safety Practices & Behaviors
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- A strong knowledge of government safety and environmental regulations
- Leadership and strong computer skills
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation no later than March 1, 2019 at kemira.com/careers
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer