Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a results-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an energetic skilled maintenance mechanic to work day shift in our Washougal manufacturing facility. You will need to perform preventive and corrective maintenance on plant equipment, including pumps, seals, motors, mixers, steam traps, fans, boilers, compressors, and fork lifts. Perform other intermediate mechanical tasks as assigned, working alone or with minimal supervision. Must follow all HSE and Quality system policies/reporting requirements and Emergency Response procedures applicable to position. Must maintain housekeeping standards in all work areas.
Our facility in Washougal produces specialty chemicals used in the Pulp and Paper Industry.
What we offer:
- Increasing your abilities and skills in various areas
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefit package
- Positive working environment
What you need:
- Journeyman level in mechanical discipline (millwright), or equal demonstrated skill level
- Ability to install, maintain, troubleshoot, operate and repair plant mechanical equipment
- Basic welding skills (fabrication)
- Basic computer skills
- Experience in reading and understanding written work instructions, equipment maintenance manuals, instrument maintenance manuals, and standard operating procedures.
- Experience working in a chemical plant would be an asset
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectation no later than December 31, 2018 at kemira.com/careers
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer