Position: Team Manager, Fiber and WetEnd
Location: Atlanta, GA
Job type: Full time
Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are now looking for an experienced Team Manager, Fiber and WetEnd to join our R&D team.
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Leadership. Provide strong leadership and management of the Fiber & Wet End team supporting the Pulp & Paper segment.
- Processes. Effectively communicate with internal and external customers to fully understand their needs in terms of purpose, quality and timing. Actively participate on project teams for new product development. Align departmental activities and initiatives with the company vision, strategy, and processes. Ensure the continuous improvement of competencies and technologies for technical customer support and new product development.
- Resources. Ensure resources are allocated to most efficiently resolve customers’ technical issues. Establish and manage the team budget.
- Performance. Accountable for team performance in terms of effectiveness, quality of the work delivered and efficiency (time taken and resources used).
- Team Management. Ensure appropriate handling of staff concerns. Resolve conflicting demands on staff members. Allocate team and other resources to projects and processes. Ensure efficient and effective working of team. Maintain effective working environment.
- Staff Development. Set appropriate objectives for direct reports, measure their performance against objectives, and manage performance gaps. Assess training and development needs and produce and execute development plans. Act as the primary in regular and annual reviews for direct reports.
- Coordination. Contribute regularly with the global sister teams on competency development and capital planning across the R&D centers. Seek opportunities for collaborative cross-center projects. Contribute to Atlanta R&D Management Team and work with other departmental managers and key stakeholders to ensure proper alignment of objectives and smooth running of company processes and procedures on a day-to-day basis.
What we offer:
- A challenging position in an international environment with the opportunity to make a significant impact on our business
- An opportunity to be part of a cross functional team that allows you to develop and grow
What you need:
- PhD/MSc/BSc Chemistry or similar discipline from an accredited college/university and 10+ years of relevant experience (3+ years managerial in an R&D environment)
- Demonstrates expertise and knowledge in Pulp and Paper Industry
- Interpersonal skills: customer orientation, understanding of cultural differences, impactful communication
- Business management skills: driving execution, business acumen, entrepreneurship, project leadership
- Leadership skills: coaching/teaching, empowerment/delegation, team development, change leadership
- Proven supervisory and teamwork skills in a fast-paced and challenging environment
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers’ product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas and water treatment. In 2017, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.5 billion and 4,732 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer.
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer