Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an experienced Maintenance Technician / Mechanic . This position is responsible for repair, maintenance, troubleshooting and resolution of all equipment issues within the plant. This role also performs housekeeping and grounds maintenance duties. Assists in the hiring process and administers company policies. This position is in our Mojave, CA facility.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Follow all established safety rules and regulations
- Comply with all established work rules
- Maintain all plant equipment
- Troubleshoot potential or existing problems and determine the proper corrective action
- Repair all plant equipment
- Participate in equipment installation and overhauls
- Close out work orders on a timely basis
- Perform preventive maintenance activities, including pump inspections for leaks, unusual noises, filter press inspections for proper operation, scrubbers, demisters, blowers, leaks, hose wear, and etc.
- Perform sensory inspections of equipment operation, including visual inspections, odors, and sounds, compared to normal operating conditions
- Maintain logs and worksheets of equipment repair and maintenance
- Maintain preventative maintenance and quality system records as directed
- Communicate with plant personnel on the status of equipment repair and availability verbally, and through the use of logs, worksheets and written notices
- Complete all assignments with clean up and tool collection
- Maintain outside grounds and office buildings.
- Assist with confined space entry procedures and tank clean ups
What we offer:
- Increasing your abilities and skills in various area
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefit package
- Great, multicultural and positive working environment
What you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years vocational school technical training strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in chemical manufacturing preferred
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good math and reading comprehension skills
- Completion of 10 modules (minimum) of mechanical skills training required
- Good computer skills
- Experience in SAP or use of other Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
- Experience in use of modern tools such as laser alignment, vibration data collection, etc.
- Experience in operation of cranes, man lifts, and other equipment as needed
- Non-code welding experience
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
If you have any questions or would like to apply please contact Isaiah.Aston@kemira.com
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer