Kemira is a global company providing chemicals and expertise to operations around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future. If you have the right mix of curiosity, a drive for excellence and an innovative mindset, we want to talk to you.
We are looking for an experienced Electrician . This role executes all assigned work safely, effectively and efficiently within the general scope for the mechanic role. Provides feedback on preventative maintenance that might improve the process and notes additional work required on inspected equipment. Responds to emergency or unplanned work as needed, including callouts. Works on plant modifications including work on capital improvements. Participates in operation of plant utility systems.This position is in our Mojave, CA facility.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Comply with all safe work practices, use proper PPE, fall protection equipment, etc.
- Complete preventative maintenance work and provide feedback on any issues
- Complete all required documentation
- Repair and install equipment as needed
- Troubleshoot hardware and processing issues
- Oversee the work of specialized contract services such as boiler inspections, chiller inspections, etc.
- Participate in Mobile First Responder Team, where applicable
- Manage input to work orders and notifications in SAP
- Complete labor hour time confirmations in SAP
- Complete MIGO goods movements transactions in SAP for use of spare parts
- Assist in managing the MRO parts warehouse for mechanical items
- Participate in operations of plant utility systems such the boiler, chillers, cooling towers, compressed air system, main firewater supply pump and chemical feed system for water treatment
- Paint, label equipment and piping, and perform carpenter work as needed
What we offer:
- Increasing your abilities and skills in various area
- Employment in a stable company with an established position in the market
- Attractive benefit package
- Great, multicultural and positive working environment
What you need:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2 years vocational school technical training strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in chemical manufacturing preferred
Competencies and Skills Required:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good math and reading comprehension skills
- Completion of 10 modules (minimum) of mechanical skills training required
- Good computer skills
- Experience in SAP or use of other Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) preferred
- Experience in use of modern tools such as laser alignment, vibration data collection, etc.
- Experience in operation of cranes, man lifts, and other equipment as needed
- Non-code welding experience
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira
If you have any questions or would like to apply please contact Isaiah.Aston@kemira.com