Title: Maintenance Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Kemira is a global company providing solutions, chemicals and expertise to water intensive industries around the world. We are committed to being our customers’ first choice by bringing sustainable value through improved product quality, better process and resource efficiency. We offer a result-oriented and collaborative culture that empowers you to drive excellence and innovation with a major impact on the future.
Kemira TC Wanfeng is a newly established Joint Venture between Kemira Europe Oy and Shandong Tiancheng Wanfeng Chemical Technology Co., Ltd, located in Yanzhou, China. Kemira is the major shareholder and operates the site. The company will mainly produce AKD wax and its key raw material fatty acid chloride. AKD wax is a sizing chemical used in board and paper manufacturing to create resistance against liquid absorption. Kemira is the global market leader in sizing chemicals. In addition, the new JV plans to produce polyaluminum chloride (PAC) which is a coagulant for water treatment.
We are looking for a Maintenance Manager who will be based in Yanzhou Kemira TC Wanfeng, reporting to Site Operation Manager.
What we offer:
- To be part of a new dynamic team working for the global leader in the Pulp & Paper industry in an exciting growth market.
- Opportunity to participate to build, improve and maintain a state-of-the-art manufacturing site.
- Working in Yanzhou, a fast developing exciting city.
- Excellent training and development opportunities.
- Attractive package,
- Great international company cultural and positive working environment.
What you need:
- Develop, implement and maintain a high level maintenance program supported by the SAP plant maintenance module. Keep the assets in good working order with focus on preventive and predictive maintenance to minimize unplanned shutdowns. Ensure efficient access to critical and key spare parts (supplier, consignment or Kemira stock), and build and maintain a professional, effective maintenance organization by balancing internal and external resources.
- Manage a safe and fully compliant site maintenance organization and program complying with all internal processes and procedures as well as laws, regulations and authority requirements.
- Manage a highly efficient maintenance organization by meeting all relevant KPI such as safety, housekeeping, cost, spare parts, unplanned shutdowns, down times, bad actor reduction, staffing, staff motivation and fluctuation, …
- Establish a technical standard and co-ordinate on site to minimize cost.
- Initiate, lead, support and/or supervise small Capex projects. Ensure technical and maintenance standards are met.
- Keep the plant documentation updated including PID, equipment specification, plant layouts, authority related documents, etc. to also fulfil all authority, ISO, and EHSQ requirements.
- Accountable for the plant engineering/maintenance budget and actual cost.
- Monitors, controls and reports on maintenance cost and efficiency levels. Analyse units with highest maintenance spent (bad actors), initiate and/or implement corrective measures and improvements.
- Executes reliability analysis and root cause analysis.
- Provide support, coaches, trains, and develops subordinates. Evaluate and document the staff performance. Ensures that all internal and external staff is adequately trained at all time.
- Take corrective actions to combat unsafe practices or conditions whenever they arise and, as far as possible, to anticipate and prevent hazards before they arise.
- Ensure the protection of confidential company information.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in E&I and/or Mechanical engineering or a similar relevant major.
- A minimum of 10years working experience in maintenance management of a chemical site with relevant chemistries and production processes. Experienced in the execution of small Capex projects.
- Proven track record in successfully and sustainably managing maintenance achieving high level KPIs including and in particularly EHS related.
- People and team management experience in direct and non-direct reporting lines.
- Working experience in MNC companies is preferred.
- Leadership and management skills: Competent to deal with people at different levels and different cultural backgrounds also in a non-direct reporting lines. Take leading role and give clear directions. Utilize potential of people to achieve efficient and effective outcomes.
- Interpersonal Skills: Passionate, emphatic and motivating with capability to promote teamwork and positive interaction with other site functions and staff, higher management, clients, vendors, and other stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent communication skills with ability to effectively communicate verbally and written such as emails, presentation, etc. Advanced English communication skills in writing and orally and fluent in Chinese.
- Problem-solving skills: Intellect and ability to quickly assess and understand non-conform situations, define sustainable corrective measures and being decisive in resolving the situation in a safe manner.
- Work under pressure: Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines within specified time constraints in a changing and fast paced work environment by being proactive applying a positive and winning attitude with high level of service mind.
- Open minded with willingness to learn new things, capability to attend to details and to follow processes and procedures.
- Computer proficiency in MS Outlook, Excel, Word, Power Point, SAP (must) and other relevant tools. Familiarity with plant automation systems, PLC and DCS is preferred.
- Familiarity with relevant industry standards, ISO, and applicable laws and regulations.
Find the right mix of experiences and opportunities at Kemira!
Please apply with CV, cover letter and salary expectations no later than 31.03.2019 at kemira.com/careers or send CV directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kemira is an equal opportunity employer.
Kemira is a global chemicals company serving customers in water intensive industries. We provide expertise, application know-how and chemicals that improve our customers' product quality, process and resource efficiency. Our focus is on pulp & paper, oil & gas, mining and water treatment. In 2016, Kemira had annual revenue of around EUR 2.4 billion and 4,800 employees. Kemira shares are listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd.