Job Title: Graduate Data Analyst
Location: Blackburn, BB1 2EE
Hours: Full-Time / Permanent
Salary: £20,000 + per annum dependent on experience
Department: Fuel Pricing
Our rapidly expanding Fuel Pricing / Analytics team is looking for a recent graduate with an aptitude for numbers to produce in-depth reports from large amounts of data in order to inform business decisions. This would be an ideal first role for a bright and driven graduate with an enthusiasm for problem solving within a team well known for development and progression. You will be mentored, trained and given the opportunity to forge your own path in the business, alongside colleagues who have also progressed within their roles.
This role will be based in our Head Office in Blackburn, with occasional travel to our international offices (Rome, Paris, Hamburg, Cincinnati, etc.) hence any applicants should have or be able to obtain the relevant travel documentation.
The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate from a recognised university in a numeric/logic based subject such as mathematics. In addition they should be a strong problem solver, be able to work constructively as part of a team, and possess a keen eye for detail.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Degree in mathematics (or a related field)
· Ability to work efficiently and effectively to a deadline, alone or as part of a team.
· Good problem solving skills
While full training of relevant systems will be provided, it is advantageous for candidates to have a working knowledge of Excel or SQL, or understand the principles of software such as Matlab, R or Python.
· Maximising business potential by converting large amounts of data into valuable insight.
· Provide support to senior management through regular summaries and performance updates.
· Analyse market elasticities and gain an understanding of consumer behaviour.
· Design and update a variety of optimisation and predictive models.
· Produce reports on a regular basis to show impact of key business decisions.
· Undertake pricing reviews with site, area, and regional managers, using analysis and local knowledge to improve the sites performance.
· Use analytic techniques to test ideas or check the effect of individual factors, either at a single site or for the estate overall.
To apply please email email@example.com