Role: Starbucks Barista
Location: Tewkesbury, GL20 8JA
Salary: £7.83 per hour
Main purpose of job:
Baristas really are the face of Starbucks. They are an important part of our customers’ day and play a key role in ensuring that every customer experience is fabulous so that they return to us time and time again.
Our Starbucks stores are a hive of social activity where communities come together and contributing to the buzz in the atmosphere is the enthusiasm and warmth conveyed by our Baristas.
Baristas are the experts in handcrafting delicious, perfect beverages every time and have a genuine love for customers and coffee!
Key tasks and main duties
Getting the Job Done
- Ensure that you know all key elements of your role through completing your Induction training so you will be comfortable with the following:
- Possess a complete understanding of menu items/beverages and be able to explain them to our guests accurately
- Able to use the cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. You will be able to collect payment from guests and handle change
- Prepare Food & Beverages according to formula and in a timely manner
- Check products in display unit areas and restock items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift
- Understand and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up
- Understand our standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in your training
- When required you will step up to perform light paperwork duties as requested
- Always store food in in designated containers and remove rubbish and food waste as required
- Inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and beverage supplies are getting low
Be an Ambassador of Customer Focus
- Love our customers as much as we do and want to ensure that they have a great experience when they come to our Starbucks
- Anticipate their needs to and be proactive in ensuring these are met
- Ensure a clear and tidy eating and serving area so that our customers have utmost confidence in us at all times
- Demonstrate such behaviours that our customers will always recommend us as a place to work and get served!
- Contribute to store goals for increasing sales and improving profit by actively up-selling
Be a Key Part of the Team
- It will be important to you that we succeed and so you will go the extra mile at all times to support your colleagues
- Provide cover at key busy times and when your colleagues may require holidays or be absent from work
- Work collaboratively across the whole site when required
- Even if you are working alone at times, you will engage with the rest of the site to ensure that everyone is able to complete their roles and help where possible.
Be part of ‘One EG’
- Represent Euro Garages at all times as a role model of conduct and behaviour.
- Support the business and be willing to perform all task as required of you.
- Recognise that everyone has a role to play in Euro Garages and that we are all equal.
- This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
- Compliance with Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Passing store evaluations.
- Customer feedback scores.
Responsible for staff
Skills and Aptitudes
Desire For The Role
Coping Under Pressure
Responsible to (reporting relationship)
Starbucks Store Manager/Supervisor