Department Olympic Games
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: CDI
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: as soon as possible
Under the supervision of the Olympic Games Associate Director, the Head of Games Event Management will lead on event management aspects for the Games with an objective to implement efficient integration between Sport, Venue Management and Venue Development within the IOC and OCOGs.
- Be responsible for the development and implementation of an even management framework within the IOC and the Organising Committees in close collaboration with IOC functions, and when relevant, with stakeholders.
- Play a key role in the delivery of sporting events by enabling a high level of collaboration between relevant functional areas and in particular between Venue Development, Sport and Venue Management.
- Be directly responsible for all Venue Management and Event services aspects within the event management framework and, as such, serve as key counterpart for the relevant functional leaders within the OCOGs.
- Work in a fully integrated way with the Head of Venues and Infrastructures to ensure a seamless approach to the planning, delivery and readiness of venues throughout the Games lifecycle is implemented.
- Contribute, when required, to developments which relate to Games evolution and Games Optimisation, and in particular to the Games Management 2020 programme.
- In close collaboration with IOC functions, contribute to timely update of reference documents, including but not limited to, Olympic Games Generic Master Schedule, Games Operational Requirements, Olympic Games Guides, etc.
- Support the Olympic Games Executive Director and Associate Director and deal with various projects/files as directed by the Executive Director and Associate Director; makes proposals mid- and long-term projects/strategies.
- Collaborate closely with other Departments of the IOC and sections of the Olympic Games Department to facilitate integration between the various Games-related projects/initiatives.
- Establish yearly plan and budget for section, monitor implementation and provide regular updates to Olympic Games Associate Director.
Profile and skills
- At least 7-10 years’ professional experience in the planning and delivery of large scale sporting events; previous professional experience within an Organising Committee for the Olympic Games a strong asset.
- Excellent understanding of Venue Management and Sport programmes within the context of the Olympic Games; solid understanding of venue development aspects as well as other key operational aspects of Games delivery a plus.
- Proven ability to develop and implement effective collaboration frameworks and to lead a team within that framework.
- Very good relational skills, charisma and leadership.
- Excellent English oral and written skills and ability to draft in this language.
- French oral and written skills important. Knowledge of other languages would be an asset
- Knowledge of varied and multicultural environments.
- Ability to propose and put in place organisational methods and diagrams.
- Excellent knowledge of project management tools (putting in place a working structure, defining objectives, timetabling, coordinating teamwork, communication, etc.).
- Complete familiarity with Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project.
- Keen sense of priorities for efficient management of projects and deliverables; ability to multitask; thoroughness in file follow-up.
- Rigorous professional ethics; sense of initiative; ability to work in a dynamic environment, respecting deadlines.
- Flexibility in working hours and ability to travel regularly.
- Coordination, organisation and planning skills.
- Ability to organise his/her own schedule and use internal and external resources to meet expectations.
- Discernment when taking decisions.
- Sense of confidentiality and ability to communicate information in an appropriate way.
- Attention to detail and ability to solve problems in a creative way.
- Good knowledge of project management tools and project planning methodology.
- Ability to participate actively in achieving common objectives through his/her commitment and ability to respect the contribution of all the members of a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to consider personal differences as an added value and to interact in a constructive way with all types of people.
- Initiative, anticipation and source of ideas.
- Ability to handle tight deadlines and stressful situations.
- Ability to delegate and manage the staff in the team equitably and with respect.