Department: Corporate Development, Brand and Sustainability
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: CDI
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: as soon as possible
The Executive Assistant will provide high-level support for the Director and manage the Department’s institutional matters.
High-level support for the Director:
- Manage the Director’s emails and schedule.
- Prepare the Director’s meetings, including documents and other supporting material.
- Liaise with the Director in her absence and manage priorities.
- Ensure the smooth internal flow of information needed by the Department and the other IOC Departments.
- Carefully manage the monitoring arrangements for deliverables in the Director’s office.
- Be responsible for the information flow and internal/external communications from the Director’s office.
- Assist the Director with daily tasks (managing contacts, etc.).
- Provide support for delegated projects and activities.
- Show initiative in autonomously managing ongoing files.
- Demonstrate proactivity and provide support to team members.
Manage the Department’s institutional matters:
- Follow up the mail delegated to the Director by the Executive Office of the President or the Director General.
- Be responsible for preparing the Director’s reports to the IOC Session, Executive Board and other institutional meetings.
- Assist with the preparations for Sustainability and Legacy Commission meetings.
- Prepare meetings with and presentations to the President and Director General, and presentations to the Executive Board, President/Directors and Directors meetings.
- Manage/coordinate other institutional tasks entrusted by the Director.
- Oversee the preparation of the Director’s speeches.
- Draft correspondence in French and English for the Director.
- Prepare simple presentations.
- Executive-secretary training with minimum 5 years’ experience as an executive assistant in an international environment.
- Languages: Oral and written fluency in English and French. One of these languages must be the mother tongue.
- Excellent writing skills in French and English and experience in drafting content.
- Full proficiency in MS Office programs (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook.
- Knowledge of one or several of the Department’s fields of competence would be a plus.
- Autonomy and excellent sense of planning, organisation and priority; ability to deal with the unexpected; flexibility.
- Comfortable working in a team, both in terms of file management and liaising with colleagues.
- Strong awareness of the notion of confidentiality and appropriate distribution of information.
- Proven know-how and appropriate conduct when dealing with important persons.
- Speed and reliability in carrying out duties.
- Ability to learn quickly and proven service orientation; ability to deal with complex issues in an organised way and quickly grasp concepts.
- Ability to maintain a high level of professional performance in highly stressful situations.