Department: Olympic Foundation for Culture and Heritage
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Intern
Activity Level: 100%
Entry Date: 16.03.2017
Duration: 10 Months
- Integrate into The Museum’s Operations Unit team.
- Complete training in administration and planning, reception work, sales and welcoming visitors.
- Put into practice the skills acquired through training.
- Examine new administrative processing solutions (organisation and management of purchases, expenses and post) with a view to enhancing overall efficiency.
- At the end of the internship, submit and present a study with a SWOT analysis.
Administration and planning
- Contribute to drawing up daily and monthly schedules.
- Contribute to time control management.
- Contribute to monthly closings for records of hours worked.
- Contribute to the administrative monitoring of the unit.
- Assist with the updating of operating processes (point of sale).
- Contribute to the organisation of internal training programmes.
- Prepare purchase requests, verify and validate unit invoices.
Villa Olympique reception
- Welcome and direct visitors with internal appointments.
- Manage phone calls.
- Handle mail: emails, external post and internal distribution.
- Manage the conference room (reservations, room set-up and drinks).
Selling tickets/products and welcoming visitors
- Welcome and direct visitors.
- Sell entrance tickets and products in the shop.
- Be familiar with safety instructions and intervene in emergencies.
- Occasionally monitor exhibition areas.
Profile and skills
- Ongoing or completed degree in Management or Tourism at a University of Applied Sciences and Arts or CFC qualification in Management.
- Oral fluency in French, English and if possible German.
- First aid training desirable.